Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lazyman Ironman 2015

In addition to figuring out my race schedule for 2015, as I mentioned last week, I'm also trying to get on a more regular workout schedule again.  And what better way to do that than to make it fun ... or even competitive.

Queue - Lazyman Ironman.

For those of you unaware of this program, which I've mentioned in the past, the concept is this: complete the Ironman distance (swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, run 26.2 miles) over the course of 28 days (AKA the month of February). 



Well, TECHNICALLY you complete the distance.  But also, you talk a little smack.  I mean, what fun is it if you can't razz your fellow Lazymen about who's got what done first.  (Or in the case of Run100 last spring, just simply razz each other to not be the LAST to finish, and then run a beer mile at the end).

Although this is a yearly activity hosted by my gym, we've actually had participants nation wide in years past.  People in remote locations simply report in via email, and receive their t-shirt in the mail when the goal is met.  So even if you live in Chicago, Denver, Houston ... or even closer, like Champlin Park (I think someone/s knows I'm looking at them), you can still participate.

Interested?

Register here

Join the smack talk here

If you're in, let me know below.  I can't wait to beat you to the finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment