Friday, January 23, 2015

Starting Over, Week #3

As  I mentioned in a post earlier this month, I've had some weight regression in the last 6-9 months.  I'm not thrilled about it, so I posted this plan to get myself back on track:

(1) Working Out

Monday - AM Group Strength (as a student), PM Cycle (as a student)
Tuesday - PM Total Body (teaching)
Wednesday - PM Swim (as a student)
Thursday - PM Total Body (teaching)
Friday - Still my rest day, this has always been my one celebration for Friday
Saturday - AM Cardio (teaching)
Sunday - PM Yoga (as a student)


(2) Eating

Now that the holidays are over, and the temptation is much less strong, I'm working to get my eating back in line.  No more mindless snacking (since the food isn't sitting around), no more junk food (again, not sitting around).  More vegetables and fruit.  Maybe even less cheese (yes, I just cried a little) ... cutting out eating out ... and of course, beer.  Ah - the good stuff.  I'm not going to go crazy and say I won't drink any, as I've really been enjoying my rotations through the new tap houses in the twin cities.  BUT, I will be more responsible.  Tasting is one thing.  Over indulging is another. 

So you may be wondering, now that I'm almost a month in, how am I doing?

Working Out

This has gone pretty well, I have to say! 
   - Week one I nailed all the workouts on my schedule. 
   - Week two I opted to skip the Monday strength (feeling a little over worked in that area), and swim was temporarily cancelled (due to instructor absence).
   - Week three I again opted to skip the Monday strength (personal reasons), but have made or will make the rest of the work outs.

Eating

This one has always been my sticking point.  I love my food, and lots of it.  I have done much better on the snacking, junk food, eating out, and have been getting in more produce.  BUT, I need a little more work here.  Cutting back on the Friday and Saturday night beers has been tough.  I'll get there eventually.  At least I'm making most of this category happen.

Results So Far?




The good news is, I'm already seeing the scale go down.  Of course I'd like to see it go faster than it is but ... at least it's going in the right direction!

Here's to the next three weeks.  I'll update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment