Monday, September 30, 2013

What a Brother

To steal a quote from the news: "Every now and then you find one of those kids; one who validates your faith in future generations."


This story just made my heart swell to 10 times its size. 




Can you imagine being 10 years old and wanting to help your sibling like this?  Don't get me wrong, I was a pretty good kid.  But, when I was that age, I think I was busy punching my little brother and "pantsing" my little sister (she's nodding her head right now saying "true story"... I can just see it). 

Granted, I didn't have a disabled sibling, but I'm betting even if I did, I'd have never asked the world to help me get them into a 5K.

Thanks to the kindness of strangers, Tobias's dream will come true.  Let's just hope his training is sufficient:




Here's to hoping he can some day achieve his stretch goal - completing a full ironman with his brother.

Read his letter to the news asking for help here.

See the source story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment