Monday, September 9, 2013

Shoe Pom Poms

OH. MY. GOD.  It's happened.

I've finally found a fitness costume trend that I won't wear.

Coming from a girl who has run or taught group fitness classes in the following, you know what I've found has got to be bad.  I mean, who dresses like this and goes to do a workout, anyway?!


 
 
 
Well, I mean, besides me - of course.  Because let's face it, I DO look fabulous.  Every. Single. Time.
 
Anyway, I'm sure you're dying to know what it is that I found and won't wear.  Well, wait in anticipation no longer, folks, because here it is: Shoe Pom Poms.
 
 



Honestly.  I don't get it.

I mean, I get it, but I don't get it. 

I get it because Run Disney has become this giant machine, and all these women are reliving their childhood princess fantasies by dressing up in Sleeping Beauty and Snow White costumes, and then sweating their asses off while prancing through 5K/10K/Half or Full Marathon distances that travel in and around Disney Parks. 

So, obviously, someone is going to feel the need to be Tinkerbell.  And ... duh:



Yes, I can see.  She has ballzzzz on her feet. 

Er, excuse me.  "Shoe Pom Poms".

But what I don't get is... why in the world would you want to run with these things on your toes?  Especially if you are obviously not being Tinkerbell (because let's face it, those peach & gold monstrosities above are not Tinkerbell color code).

I don't even like to run if my shoe isn't tied right and the lace is flopping in a funny way.  I can't imagine how annoying those damn balls would be, flopping around for a good 13.1 miles.  Ugh.

You know what I think?  I think these shoe pom poms are like the truck nutz of the running world.  Think about it.  They both feature a pair of balls.  They both flop around awkwardly at higher speeds.  They are even equally flesh toned.  If you can't imagine it, just check out this handy visual aid:



Yep, with the visual aid, now I REALLY don't get it.

So help me out here.  If you get the Shoe Pom Pom trend, explain it to me.  Go ahead, there's lots of room below for your comments. 

I can't wait to hear your theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment