Monday, November 11, 2013

My Nemeses

Today I'd like to give a shout out to all my racing nemeses!

I WILL beat you some day!

(Yes, yes - these are all examples of people who have cruised right past me in actual races.  Photos for representation only, to protect the so called "innocent".  Except for the dogs.)


#1 - old man who doesn't run so much as shuffle... yet still smokes right past me:




#2 - lady that is pushing a 50+ lb stroller and just looks oh so perky:




#3 - lady that is pushing a DOUBLE WIDE stroller and STILL looks perky:




#4 - that damn wiener:



#5 - guy with American flag (wouldn't have bothered me so much had it not been whapping me in the face on top of beating me to the finish):




#6 - kid who beats his mom to the finish, then runs backwards on course to find her and subsequently beats me to the finish again:





#7 - others, too numerous to mention...


*Sigh.*  Me thinks I might have a dash of competitive nature in my blood.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this post and the pictures. I can relate to EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM. There's also the person dressed in the banana suit (or something comparable) that always, always, ALWAYS smokes me at the finish line, too. GRRRRRR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I totally got beat by a guy in a full on mascot costume at a 5K once. And now that I think of it, I also got beat by another guy wearing a huge refrigerator carton decorated to look like a house AT A HALF MARATHON. Sigh. That's why I just have to run for fun and accept what is... ;-)

      Delete