Monday, May 20, 2013

Race Chaska 5K 2013 (Rain & Thunder & Lightning, Oh My)



Race Chaska 5K (3.15 miles)
0:00.0
Average Pace 0:00/mile

Well, that was a bummer!  After hours of rain early Saturday morning, with lots of thunder and lightening, the Race Chaska events were cancelled.

My first ever rain out! 

Admittedly, though, I was pretty glad.  The rain was coming down so heavy at times that I could hardly see the houses across the way from the community center.  And I was really NOT looking forward to running in that.

After debating for awhile if I should keep this one or not, due to the cancellation... I decided screw it - my first ever rain out.  It's worth the memory.  So... Race bib # 27 is now in my collection. It reads "Race Chaska RUN, #5011" (with an extra Run100 sticker, of course).

Here's to another race soon... but thankfully not for awhile!  I'm looking forward to a break for a few weeks while I finish out my Run100 challenge and fire up for bike commuting season.

OH!  And since this was a boring one, watch in a few seconds for a bonus posting.  I'm working on catching up on recaps from races earlier this season, so I'll publish one of those instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment