Friday, November 14, 2014

I Must Ask You a Question

Ah, another about me post.

Yep!  I've done a handful of about me posts since I started this blog.  Usually I don't like to talk about myself too personally on here (rather, I prefer to focus on my thoughts about a particular race or health/wellness topic), but I do occasionally mention something about myself just to mix it up. 

So, today is going to be one of those mix-it-up days.

BTW, if you ever want to read other posts about me, just use the search bar up above and type in "Three Things".  Most of my about me posts are centered around three questions and can be found under that subcategory.  Plus, it's way easier to make YOU search than linking to all of them here.  So there.
Anyway, here goes.  Three things (times 12).

---


Three names that people call me, other than my real name:

1. Nat - I hate this one BTW.  I am not a bug (gnat).  And also, I used to get called "Fat Nat".  Just bad associations all around.




2. Unicorn / Unicobb - Whee!  I'll take it.




3. The Devil - if you don't want to sweat, don't take my class.  You're doing it to yourself.






Three jobs I have had:

You know enough about my professional life.  How about some jobs of the Unicobb's past?

1. Ride operator at Camp Snoopy (Mall of America)
                  Yeah, I ran THE MIGHTY AXE.  BOOM!

2. Old timey soda jerk
                  Apparently the place has an infomercial now, check it out.

3. College cafeteria dish room
                  You know the conveyor you put your dirty tray on?  Yeah, that.  Blech. 
                   At least the dish sanitizer steamed a lot - kind of like a free facial, right? 



Three movies I’ve watched more than once:

1. Strange Brew



2. Idiocracy



3. Half Baked






Three books I’d recommend:

Whoops.  I need more culture.  It's been awhile since I've read anything of true substance (as opposed to goofy teen lit).  Fail.







Three places I have lived:

1. Tianjin, China - highschool study abroad, 3 months at Nankai University.
2. Madison, WI - only the best Big 10 college around of course.
3. St. Paul, MN - where I was born and raised.




Three places I have been:

1. The British Virgin Islands - on the most beautiful sailing vacation ever!!!
2. Victoria, BC, Canada - huh, another sailing trip.  Well, it's a fun town none the less.
3. Chicago, IL - I put this one on here because I love going back to visit (and eat the pizza), and it's attainable to do on a regular basis.



Three places I’d rather be right now:

1. ANYWHERE
2. WITH
3. SAND/SUN

Did I mention a polar vortex is blowing through Minnesota, and it's early November?  :-(







Three things I don’t eat:

1. Lake fish - I just don't enjoy the flavor.
2. Cucumber - the slimy texture and flavor combo just isn't for me.
3. Soda - I've tried to eliminate all soda, including diet, from my daily intake.  It forces me to drink more water, and helps keep my overall calorie (or chemical) consumption down.



Three of my favorite foods:

1. Nachos - but you likely already knew that.
2. Kale Chili - which apparently I never posted the recipe for on here.  That will change soon!
**correction, I DID post this, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my search engine from the blog - go here to check it out
3. Bananas - I eat at least one pretty much every day.



Three TV shows that I watch:

I try not to get sucked into TV shows that require a weekly tune-in and a specific time to sit on my ass and watch.  One, ain't nobody got time for dat.  Two, I'm too busy with work and the gym.  But let's not lie, I still indulge.  And for that, DVR, I am thankful.  Wahoo, fast forward commercials!!

1. American Horror Story - yes, this season is a little wacky, but I've loved it in the past.
2. Shark Tank - one of the few shows my husband and I enjoy together!!
3. Vampire Diaries / The Originals - they started from the same story line, so I'll lump them together.  Although, this show is starting to get old for me, so I'm not sure I'll watch it much longer.



Three things I am looking forward to this year:

It's November.  How about we change this to things I'm looking forward to do within one year's time?

1. Training for a half marathon again.  It's been far too long.
2. Starting a family.  God willing.
3. Taking some sort of trip - yet to be determined, but I need a vacation of course!



Three things I’m always saying:

Wow, this list should technically include a lot of swears.  I'll edit.

1. Dammit
2. Come on, let's go!  (Workout context)
3. I'm hungry


No comments:

Post a Comment