Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Recipe: Kale Chili

With the current cold weather we're having, I've been in a total soup mood.

That being said, I thought I'd share with you one of my current favorites - Kale Chili.  I found it here.  Although, be warned... it's not chili in the traditional sense since it's more brothy.  I consider it more of a soup than a chili.

My favorite part about this soup is that you can load it up with cooked kale, which is actually better for you than raw.  Not to say raw is bad, since I do eat that too, but eating too much raw kale can actually be bad for you.  (What else is new, am I right?  Seems like everything is bad for you for some reason or another - shoot!  At least eating too many vegetables is a different kind of bad than eating too much fried food.) 

Anyway, when I make this, I always use twice as much kale and canned tomatoes than what the recipe calls for, since I figure why not?!  And one time, I forgot to buy the chilies, so my husband switched out the tomatoes and chilies for a couple cans of Rotel, and it still tasted great.  So, keep that in mind if you find yourself short on ingredients.

Also, my favorite way to serve is with a side of hearty whole grain bread and some hot sauce.

Well, that's it.  Check out the recipe below, and let me know if you end up trying it!!

---

Turkey & Vegetable Chili Verde


 
 
 
BTW, love this website for recipes.  Check out what they also provide:
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment