Friday, November 21, 2014

Insanity

As I've mentioned for the last couple of months on here, I've been carrying a few extra pounds that I'm really not fond of.  And, for the longest time, I felt like I couldn't do much about it because of my stupid feet.

But, I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to get off my ass and get moving.  Enough excuses.

Step one - sign up for Insanity.




I'm sure most of you have heard of this workout by now.  It's the one where you do moves like this for pretty much 45 minutes straight:




And then you end the session something like this.




Yeah, that kind of Insanity. 

I decided to sign up for this because - 1, well duh.  And 2, I needed something to push me beyond my limits again.  Since I haven't been training for any specific race goal lately, I'm having a hard time finding motivation to really push hard in a workout.

So now, here I am.  Every Tuesday and Thursday for the last three weeks, my alarm has gone off at 4:30 am, and I've hauled my sorry ass down to the gym to get it handed right back to me.  It's been a real treat.

LOL, just kidding, it's been a real bitch.  And sweaty, too.

But doing it has really helped my mental attitude.  I know I'm doing something for myself that's good for me.  And amazingly, my feet seem to be getting better despite the extra activity (but to be fair, I am modifying quite a bit, given I teach Tuesday/Thursday evening and can't have a gangsta limp for my classes).

The only down side to Insanity is that I am killer hungry all day long afterwards. 




So now I have to be really careful that I don't undo all my hard work by turning around and stuffing my face all day.

Yeah. 

I'll let you know how THAT works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment