Friday, August 8, 2014

I'm A BE-Liebster #2

Awhile back, I was asked to do some more Q&A type posts ...

Since I tend to get a little long winded (no - really?!), I decided to chop up some "typical" Q&A posts into multi part segments to make them a little more digestible.  In the next few weeks, I'll randomly be incorporating some of those questions into a post. 

Today, I'm continuing with the Leibster Award Q&A format (see part one of this conversation here).  Below are questions 6-8 from that.

Enjoy!

---


6) If the sky’s the limit, what would you like to do next?

I love to travel.  Beyond the typical touristy type trips in the US (Badlands in SD, adventures down south to Texas, trips out to the East Coast, and so on), I've spent a lot of time in China/Hong Kong due to business, and have vacationed in Hawaii, the Caribbean and Mexico.  I'm also not ashamed to admit that I've been to both Disneys in the US, plus the one in Hong Kong ... all when I was over the age of 25. 

Whatever, I like to feel like a kid.



Your eyes don't deceive you,
that is how overweight I used to be.
 

Regardless of how heavy or thin I've been in life, I always liked active vacations (surprise, right?!)  For example: my in-laws like to sail, so beyond what I mentioned above I've also spent a lot of time living on a sailboat, traveling along the coast of Seattle and into Canada.

All this being said, I have never been to Europe, and always dreamed of doing that. 

If the sky was the limit, I'd quit my job and backpack with my husband around Europe.  And since sky's the limit, I'm going to pretend everywhere is safe to travel, and we'd start to roam the world - Egypt, Russia, India, Thailand...

I really do wish I could afford to see it all.  Maybe some day.


7) What is your favorite season of the year?

Hmmm... that's tough.  They all have their virtues.

Spring is nice because it's finally warm enough to enjoy running out side again, and it's not so hot that you feel like you want to die yet. 

Summer is nice because you can take the pontoon out on the lake and justify fighting the heat with a few cocktails. 




Fall is nice because you had all spring and summer to train, and some of the best half and full marathons take place at that time. 

Winter is nice because I can finally ski again.  However, I do live in Minnesota.  Or as a friend put it, via his Facebook profile photo:




So, I guess ... Summer?


8) What is a piece of advise you would like to share?

You can do anything in life if you put your mind to it.  And even when something bad happens, you can find a way to make lemonade out of it.

Don't let anything stop you from moving forward to your own personal happiness.

---

Questions 9-11 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment