Friday, June 20, 2014

I'm Blowin' Sunshine #2

Awhile back, I was asked to do some more Q&A type posts ...

Since I tend to get a little long winded (no - really?!), I decided to chop up some "typical" Q&A posts into multi part segments to make them a little more digestible.  In the next few weeks, I'll randomly be incorporating some of those questions into a post. 

Today, I'm continuing with the below (see part one of this conversation here).  As I said before, I've taken my inspiration from the Sunshine Award Q&A format.  Below are questions 4-6 from that. 

Enjoy!

---

4.   Tell me about what you consider to be your best attribute.

A lot of people tell me I have a great smile or a good laugh.  That's probably because I use them both a lot, when most people don't.  Couple that with my sense of humor ... and you can see I like to be silly and have fun.

I don't see the point in taking life too seriously.  It's not fun.  In fact, it's kind of boring.

Besides, what can be more fun than dressing up like this?




 
5.    Why do you blog?

I pretty much answered this in a previous post.  To avoid repeating myself, I'll direct you there.

 
6.     What is your favorite animal?

Are we leaving this wide open for debate?  Because, you know based on the above, what animal that would be.



But if I have to chooses a REAL animal, I guess I would pick my old man beagle, Toby.




I call him an old man, because he's 14.  I suppose the above photo doesn't really depict that well.  It was the first one I found on Facebook, and is from Christmas quite a few years ago.  We ... I mean, Santa ... used to bring Toby a giant rawhide like that every year.  And he LOVED it.  If it lasted a month, that was a miracle.  The best was when he would drag it around the house and clothesline himself trying to run through a doorway or something.

This is a more accurate photo of Toby today.




As you can see, Toby has much more gray then he used to.  And, last year Santa switched to delivering Toby's new favorite toy (now that he has old man teeth and can't chew rawhides anymore).  He was a bit overwhelmed by having too many options, and basically just laid down in the center of the pile hoping he could protect them all.

People often ask me if Toby is a good running partner.  The short, immediate response to that is "Yeah, right". The second, longer response is "Do you know ANYTHING about beagles?  They can't go more than 2' without stopping to smell every scent that has been left on the ground."

I tried to run with him once.  I made it about half a block before he looked at me and said F YOU.
 
---

Questions 7-9 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment