Friday, April 11, 2014

Product Review: Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you remember a post I did way back in the beginning about nasty, hidden food additives.  If you haven't read that post, I recommend you go back and check it out.  It really is quite gross to think about all the things that are commonly used in processed food, which includes, but is not limited to: powdered bug guts, intentionally introduced viruses, beaver anal gland juice... and what I want to talk about again today... titanium dioxide.

Yep, titanium dioxide.  You know.  The metal substance they put in paint and sunscreen to make it white.  That is sometimes contaminated with the toxic element LEAD.

Yeah.  They put that in all sorts of processed foods.

I'm not kidding.  Food manufactures like it because it makes their whites "whiter and brighter".  You know, just like Clorox bleach - except with toxic lead sprinkled in here or there.

If you don't think it's possible for you to have this food additive in your house, I have a challenge for you.  Go to your fridge right now and look at any "white" salad dressing or veggie dip you have.  Ranch, Blue Cheese, Caesar...

Go ahead, I'm waiting...

Here's an easy example of what you're looking for:


 




I know, so gross.

You know what's even more gross?  Check this out:





Yeah.  Imagine how much is hidden in all that crap the kids are eating.  Scary!

Anyway, back on topic.

Ever since I realized what titanium dioxide was, I started looking for it in my foods.  And, I started eliminating it.  Which, unfortunately, meant no more ranch dressing.

Suffice to say I've been seriously missing my ranch. 

And, searching for a good substitute has been tough!!  And  unrewarding.  (Let's just say that Anne's Cowgirl Ranch is ... more cowgirl ... not so much ranch).  So, last week when I stumbled across Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing at Target, I thought... do I even bother?




But, I had read some good things about yogurt dressings in a health magazine a while back, so I thought - why not give it a chance?  So... one last check before I put it in the cart:





Wow!  Looks somewhat promising.  Lower in fat and calories than most dressings, no preservatives, and no titanium dioxide.

After giving it a shot, I have to say, I'm sure glad I did!

This has got to be the best "healthy" dressing I've tried in a long time.  I say this because, back in the day, I actually gave up on fat free dressings because they tasted so nasty to me.  And I pretty much stopped all "light" dressings because of all the nasty additives that are in them. 

This dressing has none of those issues, and tastes exactly how you would expect ranch to taste.  I really like it.

So, the next time you walk by the refrigerated section of dressings, check out what Bolthouse has to offer.  You might find something worth trying yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment