Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Time to Fry, Fourth of July

OMG, can you believe it is July 4th tomorrow?! 




With all the rain we had in June, and the late ice-out in May, I don't even feel like we've had summer yet... and we're already half through it!  I haven't even started my tan yet.  WTF!

And, I'm hesitant to say it, but I do live in Minnesota... local friends, please don't sucker punch me for saying this... but ugh, YOU KNOW snow is just around the corner.  :-(

This is almost the worst news ever... almost.  I can think of a few things that would be worse:





On the up side, I am headed up to the cabin for a weekend of Freedom-celebratory fun.  And, as you likely have guessed, I'll be kicking off the holiday with a 5K, the Siren Freedom Five.




I ran this course two years ago, and remember it being flat and fast.  Although, I also remember it being quite hot to run due to the asphalt and the July sunshine.  We shall see how I fair this year.

If nothing else, I'm sure I'll have a good time celebrating post race... I imagine the awesomeness will look something like this...

 






Notice the sparklers.  That is pretty much one of the few fireworks I will touch.  While my husband has no fear holding onto the base of a roman candle while it explodes with balls of fire (that's what she said), and although he is happy to light the fuse on a firework blast that would put Disney to shame... I ... well... let's just say an unfortunate spinner/whistler firework shot in an awkward direction when I was a kid, spiraled down a roof line, and pretty much landed in my lap.  While I avoided injury, I've been scarred for life.





That being said:



Enjoy your holiday.  Stay safe, drink responsibly, and get in a workout or two!

I'll be sure to share my race report some time next week.  In the meantime, don't forget about my giveaway.You've only got a few more days to enter!  Hustle up!

No comments:

Post a Comment