Monday, December 23, 2019

Reddit Secret Santa 2019

Last year, of all the dumb things, Pee-Wee Herman convinced me I needed to start doing Reddit Secret Santa.  I'm not kidding, this is a true story.

I had a great time coming up with gifts for my match, and even though my gift never made it to me due to issues clearing customs, I still had zero regrets participating.  So much so that I continued on to do various themed gifting events into 2019 such as:

St. Pat's
"Colors"
Pirates
Arbitrary Day (AKA Christmas in July)
Awesome Packaging (and Halloween, both exchanges in the same recap)

Of course, when Secret Santa Christmas edition 2019 rolled around, I knew I needed to sign up.  And on matching day, I was not disappointed with my match.




With a very similar background to my husband, I couldn't help but laugh at my luck.  At least I had an idea on how to start shopping!

Latching on to nautical maps, gadgets, and space info, I selected gifts as follows:



A book about one of the oldest maps known




A retro inspired tangle cube




A hand made cross stitch (by me) of Saturn V




I wanted to ensure the book could be sent back to Amazon if my partner already had it, so I sent that Amazon direct with a gift receipt.  However, for the tangle cube and the cross stitch, I wrapped those and shipped them myself ... with my standard included letter explaining my gift, of course.

Unfortunately, in my desperation to use the wax seal stamp I received in my awesome packaging exchange, I forced a stamp on this package, and the results were ... uh ...




Lesson learned, don't use such thick cording with a wax seal.  Dear giftee, I promise I don't have a cat and that's not vomit.  LOL!

With my end complete, now I sit and anxiously await feedback on my gift, and receipt of my very own presents.  I'll let you know what happens next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment