Thursday, May 9, 2019

Reddit Gifts Colors and Rematching Gifts

After doing the Reddit Gift's St. Pat's exchange, where I didn't get shafted and actually ended up with a pretty neat gift for my son, I decided to sign up for the next round of matching to see what would happen.

As is with each round on Reddit Gifts, I had tons of gift themes to choose from.  But of course, you know me and "colors".  So that was the exchange I opted for.

The premise of the colors exchange was basically - name your favorite color, some of your likes and interests, and see what kind of magical color themed gift you get.

Some people gifted really neat assortments like this:





But unfortunately, the partner I was assigned to was somewhat limited in the scope of what they were interested in.  Since I wasn't really excited about sending  $30-40+ "collectible" china figurines of My Little Pony or Care Bears, I decided to settle for some books on their Amazon wish list that were relevant to their career and closer to the $20 spend goal of the exchange.

It was a little disappointing to me to send such a basic gift.  But, I figured what I sent was at least fair enough, as my assigned partner mentioned in their profile that they wanted more "useful things", liked all colors, and saw white of more of an accent.  Given that the books looked like this, I felt like it was meant to be (regardless of how not very fun to shop for):




While I was working on the above color exchange, I also sent a make up gift so someone who got shafted in the St. Pat's exchange.  Being that the gift was going to arrive far past the holiday, I used St. Pat's history of snakes and the connection of pigs to Irish lore as the backdrop of this gift, and then threw in some toys for their pets as good measure.

Unfortunately there was a system glitch and this giftee's feedback didn't come through.  So ... hopefully they liked it?




As you can tell, I'm excited to have an outlet to gift my smaller cross stitch works.  Honestly, I've really been enjoying being able to build a gift around a cross stitch that I think a stranger might appreciate.

This being said, when I signed up to send a make up gift for someone in the colors exchange, I feel like the stars aligned.

My match liked turquoise, purple, fitness, makeup, "cat lady stuff" and all things hand made / antique / shabby chic.

Looking at their Amazon wish list, I saw they wanted a yoga knee pad and weight lifting gloves, so of course the fitness geek in me HAD to buy those.  In addition to that I threw in a makeup brush cleaning tool, a facial exfoliation set and some makeup sponges that went well with their color theme ... plus a cross stitch to match!

Do you think I nailed it?







Let's hope so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment