Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Current Stichin' Projects

Since cross stitching has helped bring me to a happy place lately, I've been quite prolific in creating works.  You've already seen some of what I've made since February or so, but here's a more complete collection (in rough chronological order).

And before I bombard you with photos - yes, I would be happy to make something via request ... pending size and subject matter.  Meaning: I don't want to take on anything too huge, and want to make sure it would be something fun for me to make as well.  

If you have something in mind, let's chat!








FYI - this was a commission!




Yes, this one is still pending ...
I needed a break from it when I realized I was off a stitch in the rocket outline.
I haven't picked it back up yet.














This is my current "in process" project.
It's fairly large, and when finished will fill a matted 8x10 frame.
When I do larger projects like this, I usually pause on it and mix in smaller pieces like the below.
Switching projects helps me avoid burn out on one specific piece, and lets me 
feel the joy of finishing something small and quick occasionally as well.









This last set of skulls is kind of fun.
I did several because the mandala shape was repetitive, which became somehow relaxing. 
Below is a little case study showing how much of a difference color can make.





No comments:

Post a Comment