Tuesday, May 14, 2019

St. Pat's Extra Mom 2019

Ok, ok - I'll admit.  I'm WAY behind on this one.  But since I documented St. Pat's in 2018, I feel like I should at least keep track what I did in 2019.

Even if it's almost two months late, and solely for my own mental sanity, so that I don't forget and duplicate it again next year.


#momsLOSINGit


For 2019, I kind of procrastinated on the whole St. Pat's teacher gift thing.  I had picked up some stuff on 2018 clearance, but up until the night before, I didn't really know how I would tie it all together into a presentable gift. 

ZERO PLANS.  HOORAY!

In somewhat of a tizzy, I ended up rushing to Target with my son to "help pick out a present for your teachers". 

What a great mom I am.  We ended up in the liquor store.  Hooray!  Because, you know ... that's a totally appropriate place to bring your almost 3 year old child.




Whatever.  It's not like I was letting my son drink the stuff.  And besides.  Booze is the universally appreciated gift on St. Pat's.  Prove to me I'm wrong.

To be honest though, I did try to put some effort into a non-booze gift, but Target wasn't helping me much with inspiration.  Not to mention, when I saw strawberry Smirnoff full sized bottles on clearance in their liquor store for about $5 each, with a cartwheel coupon for $15 back on a purchase of three bottles or more, with no clause about clearance ...

I mean, the 4 bottles I needed cost me about $5 plus tax.  And girls like fruity drinks, right?  So how could I refuse?




With bottles in hand, I headed home to sift through my St. Pat's clearance stash for something to pair with the bottles.  Eventually I settled on a headband tied to the bottle, which I wrapped in gold foil tissue. 

The end result was this:





Not too shabby! 

And as an added bonus, between this gift and the Reddit Gift's item I sent back in February, I used up all 5 of the headbands I had bought - so I didn't have a lone straggler leftover.  Score!

Ah, the things I celebrate now as an adult.




Well, there you go!  I'm all caught up on extra mom posts again ... and just in time, because my son's favorite teacher's birthday is next week, and the cupcake design he wanted to give her is a real doozy. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment