Friday, February 24, 2017

The Year of the Swim - Update #1

I mentioned about a month ago that I'm trying something new for 2017 and attempting the 100 Mile Swim Challenge.

Since I signed up late for that program, as it was basically already 3+ weeks in when I saw it was offered, I have been pushing pretty hard the last few weeks to play catch up.  Here's an example of where I should be if I started on time, and what I'm hoping to track to by end of February:

 


Yeah.  Not looking good.  Especially when I know I should really be at maybe 25 miles by week 9 ... just to make sure I have cushion built up for a sick week or vacation or whatever.

Despite feeling a bit of anxiety for being behind (not really anxiety, but you know ... no one wants to be "that guy"), being in this challenge has given me a renewed excitement about working out.  I've even invested in a few fun new accessories:

 



In case you're wondering, those hot suits came from an Australian company called Funkita.  I was originally drawn to them for the rainbow mosaic design, which I bought at normal retail price.  But since I was on the site, and making an international purchase anyway, I decided to take a risk and ordered a 3 pack mystery bag as well.  Lucky for me, I ended up liking the entire lot! 

I know they are eye catching, given that Steve in a Speedo posted this blog post after our tit-a-tat on Facebook:

 


LOL!  That guy.

So basically, that's where I stand thus far on my 100 Mile Swim Challenge.  I'm a little behind, but not too bad.  I have a few new suits to keep me motivated.  Oh ... and I'm getting faster!  But more on that in a future post (as it relates to another new accessory I'm testing out right now - more to come on that soon).

In the meantime, if you decide to check out Funkita and want to buy a suit, let me know.  I can hook you up with a 10% discount off your first purchase!

And before I go ... I suppose I can highlight the swim caps I use along with these suits.  Just so ... you know ... I can give people a seizure in the lane next to me at the pool.




No comments:

Post a Comment