Friday, March 14, 2014

90s Hip-Hop Night

As you have seen here and here - I love me a good themed workout class!!

It seems that my students do, too.  Not even did I make it one week past my first 80's night aerobics class and I already had special requests rolling in.  And so, 90's Hip-Hop Night was born.

*Queue singing angels.*

Of course, the core of all my themed workouts is a GREAT playlist.  So here it is!




Main Playlist:
 
Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-a-lot
Warm It Up - Kriss Kross
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Too Legit to Quit - MC Hammer
Push It - Salt-n-Pepa
Mary, Mary - Run DMC
Poison - Bel Biv DeVoe
Cupid Shuffle - Cupid
1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New) - Coolio
I Wish - Skee-lo
Root Down - Beastie Boys
Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
Good Vibrations - Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch
Boom!  Shake the Room - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
Jump - Kris Kross
Da' Dip - Freak Nasty
Fantastic Voyage - Coolio
Jump On It - Sir Mix-a-lot
 
Cool Down:
 
It's So Hard to Say Goodbye - Boyz II Men
Dear Mama - 2Pac
 
Post Workout / Clean-up:
 
Tennessee - Arrested Development
Still Not a Player - Big Punisher
 
 
And what would a themed workout class be without a costume?!






Yes, those are gold foil Hammer Pants.  If you like them, you can get them at Poppin'Rags on Etsy.  She is super friendly and made my custom request pants in a snap.

To answer your question before I go - yes, we did Hammer shuffles.  Can't touch this!

No comments:

Post a Comment