Thursday, October 5, 2017

Recipe: Delicious Dinner - Seared Peppercorn Tuna Steaks

A few weeks ago, I was cruising the fresh fish case at the grocery store.  On a whim, I picked out a couple of tuna steaks to take home.

Since my husband is a great cook, I left the rest up to him.  After finding this recipe, he added a few fresh veggie sides, and dinner was served.

Enjoy!


-----


Seared Peppercorn Tuna Steaks










Ingredients
  • 2 tuna steaks
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
  • vegetable and starch sides of your choice (recipie not included here)
Directions

Season the tuna steaks with salt and cayenne pepper.
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the peppercorns in the mixture until they soften and pop, about 5 minutes. 

Gently place the seasoned tuna in the skillet and cook to desired doneness, 1 1/2 minutes per side for rare.  (I was in the mood for a more well done steak on this day, so my husband added an extra 90 seconds to my cooking time overall).

When plating, be sure to top the steaks with any peppercorns that are in the pan.  You will be surprised by their mild flavor and fun, crunchy texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment