Monday, October 7, 2013

Deep Thoughts While Running #3

In the last few weeks, I've encountered some odd folks out on runs.  Not just once or twice, either.  I've seen quite a few people that ... well ... I'm not trying to be a profiler or anything, but they are definitely the Grizzly Adams type. So...



Deep Thoughts While Running, #3:

Why in the world would you want to be a runner with a full beard and head of hair?

I know I've mentioned a few times that I am a child of the 80's.  So, for those of you who didn't catch my Grizzly Adams reference above, you suck. 

OK, fine!  I'll hold you hand.  Here:



Every time I see one of these guys out on a run, mind blown.  As I'm sweating my ass off, I just don't get it.   Immediately, the first thing I start to think about is... what has happened that made this look come back into style?


Of course, my first thought is blame the hipsters.





Or maybe it's those damn celebrities.







You could also blame the man.  Those damn razors get more expensive every blade they add.





Of course, I think this look is just... awful.  We have scissors and razors for a reason, ya'll!!  So, eventually I am forced to just let it go, and set aside the issue of fashion. 

Once I finally do that, I start to wonder how friggin' hot they must be, since I'm just a softie at heart.  I'm a girl with long hair myself, and it's pretty miserable to be such on a hot day.  On the up side, I can pull my hair back and wear a wicking headband, which helps.  These guys, on the other hand, have nothing.  Should I consider some sort of invention to assist them?


I start envisioning some sort of beardband invention... a combo of a net & sweatband.






And then... BAM!  Screw it, I'm not really off the fashion issue.  I'm blaming Duck Dynasty.  End of discussion.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am definitely not a fan of beards. I am sure they are not comfortable to run in, and there is no way I would kiss a man with a beard like that. I do not need razor burn. No. Thank. You.

    Amy
    Miss Adventures in Running

    ReplyDelete