Monday, April 9, 2018

Prince Twins Merchandise

A week or two ago, I was invited to a Minnesota Twins Baseball 2018 season game of my choosing.

Now I have to admit, I'm not exactly a baseball fan.  But you know ... if it means another opportunity for "costuming", I suppose I'm down.  Not to mention beer and nachos.  Heh.




In case you're wondering why my shirt says BUTT real big, the shirt actually reads:

"I'm just here to see some butts.  I mean balls.  I mean baseball.  You know, like the sports thing."

And yes, you can order this shirt too.  Thanks Amazon Prime!

Anyway, so I was invited to a game of my choosing.  Which means as soon as I saw there was a Prince night, I had my heart set.  Sadly for me, the person extending my invitation was unable to attend that game due to personal schedule conflicts.  Dang.

Going back to the drawing board on dates, I started pining over the Prince game night.  Queue obsessive Googling and self debate about buying my own ticket to a game I'd never go to for any other reason.  Yeah, I know ... dumb.

That's when I stumbled across a Rolling Stones article:

"The Minnesota Twins will offer Prince-branded merchandise year-round after the baseball team secured a deal with the singer's estate ... the (collection includes) items like purple hats featuring both Prince's "Love Symbol" and the team's "TC" Twin Cities logo, as well as Prince-branded baseballs, shirts and more. The merchandise will be available exclusively at Target Field."

Say what?!

While I have some personal dilemmas about this merchandise offering, since I highly doubt Prince would have approved it while alive and therefore I feel like perhaps purchasing the product is in vein of Prince's legacy, I was still curious to know what goodies were to be had.

Of course, thus far, the Google search results for this product offering were abysmal.  But fortunately for me, my sister had won tickets to home opening weekend via her husband's work, so I sent her on a personal shopping mission.  Here is what she had to report.

And by the way - to all you Prince fans out there - you're welcome!








Hoodie - $75 - what you see above is what you get.  A basic black hoodie sweatshirt with a gold love symbol printed on the front, and a white Minnesota written down one arm.  No artwork on back.

Shirts - $26-30 - solid purple T with white print, or black and white ringer T with purple print.  Shirts feature the Prince love symbol, the Twins baseball logo, and a silhouette of the state of Minnesota.

No hats or other accessories to be found as of 4/7/2018.

So there you have it!  I hope I scratched your curiosity itch.  I know I feel better!



No comments:

Post a Comment