Thursday, December 28, 2017

Ring in the New Year!

With the holidays bringing the year to a close, you know I couldn't pass up my last chance of 2017 to be an"extra" mom.  I mean - what fun are the holidays if you don't get to shop for a few presents, right?!

So, with a day or two before things shut down for Christmas break, I found myself sending something a little special to "school" with my son.



 



Thanks to some smart shopping on Amazon, the bells and zipper pouches (think of them as gift bags that can be repurposed into a diaper bag crayon holder) didn't set me back much.  And with a little extra print-out inside the pouch, I thought the entire package made for a suitable and somewhat educational toddler gift.


BELLS ARE RINGING, to the tune:  “Frere Jacques”
Bells are ringing, Bells are ringing.
Ding, ding, dong. Ding, ding, dong
Happy little bells, Happy little bells.
All day long, Ring their song


Other songs: Jingle Bells (Dashing Through the Snow), 
Silver Bells, Jingle Bell Rock, Frosty the Snowman, Winter Wonderland, 
Let It Snow, Deck the Halls


In addition to the kids' gifts, we also sent some warm and fuzzy scarves and custom designed hats for the lead teachers, and a few cute fashion scarves and socks for the part time alternates ... with some Target gift cards thrown in, too (I mean, it can't be a bad thing to have a little extra spending cash around the holidays).

Unbeknownst to me, after I already had the bell gifts lined up, I found out that my son's class was also doing a random book gift exchange.  No problem!  Amazon to the rescue again - this time with a penguin book!




I think Amazon has a bum deal going here, BTW.  I mean, with as much shopping as I do with them, they should be paying ME to be a prime member.  LOL!

So there you have it ... my last "extra" mom action of 2017.  And yes, we did have a few spare bells that ended up at home with me, so we will be doing some ringing in of the new year at my place too.

Happy 2018 to all of you, and may you make the best of the new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment