Thursday, June 1, 2017

Do a Good Deed

As you know, a few weeks back I touched on the fact that I was ramping down on my breastfeeding.

While I thought the hardest part of this process would be getting my son to adapt to the change, I was woefully wrong.  Since he's such a good eater - both solids and liquids - he could have cared less about moving to cow's milk. 

The real hard part was the physical piece for me. 




Thankfully, I have finally gotten over the hump of my body accepting I am not breastfeeding anymore.   For the most part, I feel "normal" again ... whatever that means for a postpartum body.  Heh.

But despite not needing breast milk anymore, until yesterday morning I had a chest freezer in the basement full of it.  Good thing I had followed this Facebook page ages ago:




For my good deed of the week, I donated somewhere between 350 to 400 ounces of frozen breast milk to a recently adopted little boy.  I saw him when I went to drop off the milk ... 11 days old .. adorable!  Hard to believe my "about to outgrow 2T clothing" one year old boy was ever that small!

If you're a new mom who might need milk, or has an over supply that you might want to share, please - check out this page (or search for one located in your state ... since this one is Minnesota specific).  Such a great community for those in need.

---

What was your good deed of the week?  I want to know!  Share below.

No comments:

Post a Comment