Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Year of No Runs

You may have noticed a severe lack of something on this blog for 2018.  An elephant in the room of sorts.




It's true.   I have yet to run a race in 2018.  

In fact, I've barely even run at all in 2018.  




Honestly, a part of me is sad for this.  But an even bigger part of me is somewhat relieved.  Between the move this spring/summer, having an active toddler, working full time, teaching part time, and wanting some personal free time for myself ... well, in a nut shell ... after having a baby, I came to realize it's OK sometimes to be lazy in the name of personal sanity.

So cheers to personal sanity in 2018.  

And to a slightly fatter bank account (which I very promptly spent on furnishing my new home instead).  




And to a more than slightly fatter waist line (which I'm not going to guilt myself over, for right now).




Here's to a possible race in the future ... but for now, no pressure or expectations on when that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment