Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Little Before and After

I've been putting off the below post now for almost two months.

It's only due to superficial reasons, really.  For weeks, I kept hoping that this dreary fall weather would pass, and the sun would finally pop free and give me some good natural light.  But alas, no dice.  Fall has come and gone, and here in Minnesota we've officially had our first snow that "stuck".  So while there's no giant piles of snow on the ground (yet), the cold and dreary weather is likely here to stay.

I suppose that long winded paragraph above is basically me saying: excuse the poor lighting in the photos below.  But to quote Freddie Mercury "the show must go on!"




Or something like that.




Anyway, since I touched on the cosmetic updates we did on our new house in my "I'm back" post from September, I thought it might be fun to share a few before and after pics today.  (Before photos come from MLS, just FYI).

Take a look at the below and let me know what ya think ... I mean, HGTV eat your heart out, right?!?!

PS - you may notice some of the furnishings look familiar.  We agreed to purchase several of the previous owners furnishings to help us get started, and to help ease their move out.  It was win/win.


---


Since I already posted these last time, let's start with the basement stuff.  Besides, it is kind of fun just to see what a difference wall color can make...


Basement

Before




After
(I didn't bother taking a new pic with furnishings, you get the point with this anyway)





Main Living

Before



After
(Ignore the still un-homed, move in clutter in the lower left corner)




Formal Living 

Before



After
(Looks a little more like a house I'd live in, no?)




Front Foyer

Before



After
(Ugh, don't even get me started on what a PITA getting that light fixture swapped out was!)




Kitchen

Before


After
(Again another fun demonstration what a difference modern paint colors can make.)




Guest Bedroom

Before



After
(FYI the "before" bedroom is actually a different room, we just stole that bed and moved it into a room down the hall to furnish our guest suite.  I picked this picture combination because I wanted to show what a difference paint and bedding can make even on pre-existing furniture.)






Guest Bathroom

Before

 

After





Well, that's all I got!  And to be honest, I'm in a hurry to get going so I can finally go see that Queen movie that's out (if you couldn't tell based on my GIF selections above).

As for the rest of my house pictures, well ... I don't want to go putting photos of my entire house up on the internets, so if you want the full tour ya gotta come visit.  As you can see, I've got a room waiting for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment