Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Current Stichin' Projects - Winter/Spring 2020

Since early 2019, I've been quite prolific in creating cross stitch works.  You've already seen some of what I've made in previous posts, but today I've got more to add to the collection (in rough chronological order).

Before I bombard you with photos - yes, I would be happy to make something via request ... pending size and subject matter.  Meaning: I don't want to take on anything too huge, and want to make sure it would be something fun for me to make as well.  

If you have something in mind, let's chat!


---


Wrapping up with Valentine's Day, I finished a cross stitch for my husband.  Usually I don't give him stuff like this, but I ended up with a 2020 copy of Cross Stitch Magazine and this pattern was in it, so I couldn't resist.




After completing the above, I had some various scrap threads and a hunk of fabric left over.  Knowing I had to mail a payment to a tour guide for an upcoming visit to Salem, I threw this in the envelope.  Of course, things have changed quite a bit since I mailed this, and my trip was totally cancelled, but ... the art remains anyway!  :-)




Still behind in my abstract horse, I took a break on that and made a bookmark gift for a Reddit exchange.




Then I finally got around to killing that damn horse project (every crafter out there knows how much fun it is to start something new, but sometimes the loss of focus that happens when you're close to finishing).




Of course, I finished the horse MOSTLY because this wonderful thing called "stay at home orders" surfaced, which means I had nothing but time on my hands ... queue me pumping out a backlog of squirreled away patterns.






I particularly like how Rosie turned out, because her back stitching details were so intricate.




Foot note: the white knots on her headband were my later addition, I felt like she just wasn't quite Rosie without them.






Among the above, I also started my largest project to date, a gift requested by a coworker of mine.  While I've made it abundantly clear it will be done no time soon, here's my progression so far:






And that's about all for now ... lol, like the above was a small feat.  Ha!  More updates to come, as isolation doesn't seem to be ending any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment