Friday, December 5, 2014

Normal Barbie - FOR SALE!!!

Just over a year ago, I posted about artist Nickolay Lamm and his "normal" Barbie

If you forgot what "normal" Barbie is, in a nut shell - she's a doll made to match an average 19 year old's body type (per USA CDC reports). 

Here's a photo of Barbie next to "normal" Barbie, from my previous post:




Yes, the body type difference is a stark contrast, no doubt about it.

Anyway, my point in bringing this article back to life is that I found out last week - "normal" Barbie went out for crowd funding, was successful in raising funds, and is now for sale!  Check it out here... or just keep reading...

---

Here's the scoop - for $25.00 you can get "normal" Barbie, now officially named Lammily.  She looks like this:






Aside from the fact that she looks fabulously healthy and NORMAL, check out these action shots of her:





A girl's doll running AND doing a perfect plank?!  I died.

And that's not even the best of it.  Check this out:

 
 


PLUS!!  You can even buy stick on tattoos, freckles and scars, you know, for when she has a totally gnarly wipe out.




LOL!  I can't stand it.  A doll that promotes a healthy body image, an active lifestyle, and still offers plenty of fashionable clothing options...






Too bad I don't' have anyone to buy one of these for.  Maybe I should ask Santa for one myself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment